Skip to main content

One of those days

I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow. I've been busy every night this week, til 11pm a few nights. I've been gone and running every day all day.

Its just been one of those weeks.

But today... Today was supposed to be the catch up day. Today was no school. Today was home all day. Today was laundry and packing and cleaning and more cleaning. That was the plan.

Instead... today I dropped my phone in the toilet.  Thankfully, into clean water.  Today I packed up two very disheveled little girls and hustle to the Verizon store. Today I got a new phone, after much debating in my head. Today I had a lovely visit with a new nutritionist. Today I worked for 90 mins on someone else's resume.

These lists don't match up. I went to work tonight after trying hard to find someone to cover for me. It was not the productive day I had hoped for. I was frustrated a lot, and often, and easily.  But I made it through.

I'm still not ready. The house won't be clean like I would prefer when I leave.  My handy house/ dog sitter won't have it as nice. But that's ok. I hope.

Comments

  1. IT will all still be there when you get home. Don't sweat it, have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's a fun trip & that you get to relax.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

BabyLegs Giveaway

That's right! A BabyLegs Giveaway!! BUT...this giveway has an extra dose of generosity required for the participants. Can you handle it? BabyLegs has been so great to us, and they have surprised me once again! It all started back when the superb Tricia and Little Miss G sent Braska a pair many moons ago. We'd seen them on a few of our little blog friends, and I thought they were adorable. And the idea of keeping Braska warm while being able to access her g-tube without having to undress her was very appealing. So when we received our surprise pair from our friends out East, we were just plain giddy! I quickly ordered several more pairs to go with her wardrobe. It didn't take anytime at all for BabyLegs to become my standard gift at baby showers, and I especially loved sending them to moms that I found who had fresh little new babies with DS. They're perfect for everyday with a long-sleeved onesie, they are great under a little dress, and they are so helpful with thera...

Peek at tomorrow

This weekend we were at my in-laws' place for a very quick visit. We went largely for a housewarming for Cheryl and Ethon, which was Sunday afternoon. They have a pretty darn cool place, so yay for you guys! Sunday morning pictures are normal, we do them alot. This week, before we left for church, Carole took a few pics of my little poonchin. They didn't all turn out great, as she kept making funny faces and moving at the last second. I stole them off her camera for my collection, and when I looked at this one I just kind of stopped. It's not any super great picture. It's cute, but hey, how could it not be? She's waving at herself, that's the reason the hand is up. But that's not what I saw. Go ahead, click on the picture. Can you see it? I don't see Down syndrome. I don't see a feeding tube. I don't even see a tough cookie, open-heart surgery survivor. It's not my favorite picture of her ever, but I can't hardly stop looking at it. This...