Skip to main content

Kinlee-isms #3 and evidentiary video

K: Mom, I don’t have a button in my belly.
RK: Well, you do have one button, you just don’t have two like Braska.
K: I want to have two buttons. Where is my other button?
---------

K: Mom, I need you to open the cab’net. It’s too hard for me.
RK: I’ll help you in just a minute.
K: I want you to help me now, please. I don’t want you in a minute.

---------

K: Snoopy is a good dog. And Blue is a good puppy.
RK: Yes, honey, they are.
K: I love Snoopy, Mom.
RK: That’s good, KiKi. Snoopy is pretty cool.
K: Belle is a good dog, too, Mom.
RK: Yes, KiKi, Belle is a good dog.
K: I love Belle, Mom. She’s a good dog.

--------

When singing any song in the car or around the house, if Braska starts to chime in too…
K: Braska’s singing my song, Mom. I don’t want her to sing my song.
RK: It’s not your song, Kinlee, we can all sing the song. Braska can sing and Mommy can sing and KiKi can sing. All together.
K: We can sing all together. Everybody sing the song?
RK: Yes, it’s everybody’s song.
K: I don’t like everybody’s song.
(This exchange, verbatim, is a frequent occurrence.)

--------

RK: It’s time for night night. Let’s get jammies on.
K: No, mom, I wear naked body to bed.
(She took to removing her jammies in bed, so we just let her sleep in her diaper and heat her room a little better. And she is SO excited when she gets to take her clothes off and get into bed.)
RK: Ok, you can wear naked body to bed.
K: NAKED BODY! (running around in circles) I love my naked body!! OH! (stopping abruptly) I need my bunny, blanket, and bink first, Mom.

We might be in trouble…

Exhibiting some of the “naked body” excitement…Here’s some video that I took about a week ago, just trying to capture some of the silliness we see so often. I realized that I will want to be able to look back and watch these little clips, though there’s not much “new” stuff in it, it’s just the normal. It’s the regular. It’s what life is right now. So enjoy, if you want to see a lot of silly girls running around being silly girls. If nothing else, it will probably provide you a few extra smiles today. Grandparents, you’ll probably want watch more than once if my guess is right.

If you listen closely, which is hard since my voice is the loudest…my apologies…you’ll get a good example of how difficult it is for M to get a word in edgewise at our house with us three chatty girls living here… a little Jingle Bells, a little cheering each other on, big sister bossing, great giggles, a Mark Sanchez impression, and random funny little bits.

Comments

  1. Love these stories and video - the kids thought it was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to do that. We miss our girls!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Looks like y'all are having lots of fun. We have a girl that likes her naked body here too. LOL

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC. If it's any consolation, Kaetlyn is DEFINITELY a big fan of Nakey-body time. She is THRILLED to take her clothes off..at 7 months! Love the new header too. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BODY! I love my naked body! I'm pretty sure this is Pudge's mantra, too, if she were able to utter it. With the additional "i love my naked body dancing in a puddle of my own urine" verse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are going to be in so much trouble when she grows up, ha!
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I only ask that we all keep it positive, respectful, and clean. Comment moderation is on for now. (As this is my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comment I deem inappropriate for any reason.) If you use the anonymous option, be sure to sign your name. Thanks!!

Make it a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

31 for 21: What to say

I have encountered plenty of people who ask "How old is she?" when Braska and I are out together here and there. They always guess her age about 5 months younger than she is, but that's ok, since that's what size she is. I have said several times that I can imagine it will bother me a bit more, although still not a huge deal, when she turns one next month and I see their reaction to that, as she still is in her car seat/carrier when we're in a restaurant or in a store since she doesn't sit up. Today, I met some friends for brunch. The waitress was a nice enough, very young girl, and she started cooing at Braska right away. That's nice. I don't mind, Braska likes the attention, and I'm proud of my cutie. The waitress asked her age, and I told her 11 months. She then said, "But she's not walking yet?" as she noticed that she was up to the table in her car seat/carrier. I just agreed and said, "Not yet." She said she h

Oh happy day, Less question mark!

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I got word today that we will NOT be assigned to the new guy, but we will have an experienced coordinator after all. I feel SO much better. I also learned some other info today that made me think I still have some kinks to work out, so I'll be taking care of that this next week. I'll be SO glad when this transition/IEP stuff is behind us. I want to do the very best I can, but there's part of me who wants to just hide and let it all happen without me.

Was there a line??

I assume that you went to vote, either today or earlier if possible. I expect that of you, know that straight up. How long did you wait in line?? And throw in the state you voted in, just for fun. I'm really curious if all areas have a big wait or if it's just the more congested ones. I voted Friday absentee/in person, and we waited about 15 mins or so. It moved VERY fast for a big line. There's just one place in our very populated county to do the absentee/in person voting, and it wasn't bad at all for what I thought it might be. If you haven't, GO VOTE people... again, please just know what you're voting for, either way. You may just have to live with your choice. God Bless America!!