Fall 08, #4: Halloween
The Random Questions process
~Choose one or all of the questions to answer.
~Either respond with a comment to this post with your answer or put up a post on your own blog for a full response.
~Don't forget to include any funny or interesting story to illustrate your answer in action.
~Be sure to leave a comment on this post to let us know where to find your post so we can come check it out!
1. When it comes to Halloween, which are you? 1) All about it. 2) Don't really care. 3) Avoid it.
2. What's your favorite element of the Halloween season? Candy, pumpkins, costumes, or kids knocking on your door?
3. Which candy is the one you always hoped you'd get lots of when you did your trick-or-treating?
4. What's your favorite costume that you had, either long ago or recently?
5. If you've got kids who are dressing up, what are they gonna be this year?
As for my answers... I'm not into Halloween. I'd fit in the "don't care" category. I love fall, and it was always fun to dress up as a kid and go around the neighborhood and such, but besides the candy, I could miss it and not be a bit sad. I tend to be a Halloween scrooge, lights off, going out to dinner or something during trick-or-treat hours. I'm just not a fan to opening the door to strangers over and over and over. Silly, maybe. But it's the truth.
My candy preferences were always Reece's cups and Twix! Still love them. In fact, I picked them out of Braska's take from Saturday's Trunk-or-Treat event. If she'd eat them, I would have shared!
My favorite costume was probably when I wore my mom's college cheerleading uniform. It was pretty big, as I was like in 5th grade, but it was fun. I don't know that any pics exist or I might consider sharing them. I remember being an indian princess once, I'm sure I was a panda at one time or another, and I think I remember a Cinderella type princess once too. I'd say the last time I dressed up was probably a little over 20 years ago.
Braska is a little duck this year. She had her first event last Saturday, in case you missed it. Tomorrow she's going to make a surprise appearance somewhere, and maybe we'll go to our church's fall festival tomorrow night...we'll see.
Be safe, people.... and don't make yourselves sick on all that candy!!