The Random Questions process
~Choose one or all of the questions to answer.
~Either respond with a comment to this post with your answer or put up a post on your own blog for a full response.
~Don't forget to include any funny or interesting story to illustrate your answer in action.
~Be sure to leave a comment on this post to let us know where to find your post so we can come check it out!
Fall 08, #2: Laundry
1. Who does the laundry in your house?
2. Are you/or they a sorter? What's your system?
3. Do you fold at the dryer? Dump on the couch? Not fold at all? (Psst, Karen K, I like your system, do share with the class.)
4. Do you have any "laundry quirks"? Things that *can't* go in the dryer, dry in a specific manner, hung on a specific hanger, only get washed by hand--no matter what the care instructions say?
5. Do you have any great tips for stain removal?!? Please share!
In our house, I'm the laundry-doer. (No shock to most of you who know us.) But I will say that occasionally M will help by moving things from the washer to dryer or carrying the clean clothes up the stairs. (Have I mentioned how much I do NOT like the laundry being in the basement?!?) We have a laundry chute in our new place, so he does like to toss everything down there. At least the keeps the mess downstairs.
I sort, for the most part, unless I have partial loads of mixed stuff that I want to be done. If it's all been washed a zillion times, then I've been known to throw it all together. Towels are always done separately, though. Usually it's lights (white and pale colors) and darks, then towels makes our three compartment sorter work.
I generally dump on the couch, sit down put on a show and fold. If I had a laundry room with counters and such, I'd be all over folding right there, though.
And I have only a few quirks, but honestly most of them have fallen to the wayside in the last couple years. Things that fit well right now don't usually get thrown in the dryer, if I want them to remain that way. Mostly with jeans. BUT I do hate that stand-on-your-own phenomena of air drying/hanging things when no softener has been used in the washer. We call it crunchy jeans.
Oh, and I just can't stand stuff that has to be ironed!! What a hassle. Love those knits!